Terbinafine - DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS
Hello, I'm Sarah Rhodes, author of the best selling book "Yeast Free Life." My step-by-step program that has helped thousands of people permanently rid their lives of yeast infections...without using any drugs or creams. I receive emails every day asking about various prescription and over-the-counter medications. My answer always is..."YOU DO NOT NEED DRUGS TO CURE YEAST INFECTIONS."
Please click the button below to learn how you can be 100% yeast infection free for life...without using Terbinafine or any other drug...
Terbinafine Warnings and Dangers
Terbinafine is used to treat fungal infections of the toenail and fingernail. Terbinafine is in a class of medications called antifungals. It works by stopping the growth of fungi. Terbinafine comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day for 6 weeks for fingernail fungus and once a day for 12 weeks for toenail fungus. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take Terbinafine exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Terbinafine is a generic drug sold under the brand name Lamisil.
Use of Terbinafine has been associated with the following:
- Liver failure, leading to liver transplant or death
- Serious skin reactions
- Serious blood disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle and joint pain
- Change in taste or loss of taste
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme tiredness
- Pain in the right upper part of stomach
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- Sore throat
Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking.
Be sure to mention any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners) such as warfarin (Coumadin)
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline (Elavil), amoxapine (Asendin), clomipramine (Anafranil), desipramine (Norpramin), doxepin (Adapin, Sinequan), imipramine (Tofranil), nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor), protriptyline (Vivactil), and trimipramine (Surmontil)
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol (Tenormin), labetalol (Normodyne), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), nadolol (Corgard), and propranolol (Inderal)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet)
- Medications that suppress the immune system such as azathioprine (Imuran), cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune), methotrexate (Rheumatrex), sirolimus (Rapamune), and tacrolimus (Prograf)
- Rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane); and selegiline (Eldepryl)
If you use any of the above drugs your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Terbinafine, call your doctor immediately. You should not take Terbinafine while breast-feeding.
© 2008 YeastFreeLife.com - All Rights Reserved