These are yeast infection symtoms:
-Mild to intense vaginal itching
-A lumpy, white vaginal discharge that resembles cottage cheese
-Vaginal soreness, irritation or burning, especially during intercourse
-Redness around the vagina
and BV symtoms:
-Strong ‘fish-like’ odor
and Thrush symtoms:
* Itching, soreness and redness around the vagina, vulva (the lips around the opening to the vagina) or anus (the opening to the rectum).
* Unusual, white discharge from the vagina that may be thick and look like cottage cheese. It sometimes smells yeasty.
* Pain when passing urine.
* Pain when having sex.
and m symtoms:
– Iching, soreness and redness around the vagina, vulva (the lips)
– Thick ‘cottage cheese’ like stuff around my vag that smells a bit idk.. fishy? not very nice anyway..
– Small pain while urniating
– And sometimes I discharge (thats what i think it is) and sometimes its a lot, but its definately clear..
– Also its usually always moist/wet up there
oh and one more thing, im not sexually active.
i’ve never i had one before and im to emarassed to talk to friends or family about it.
I’ve been having this irregular thick discharge down there that is different than my normal. It is white with a slight tint of yellow, it is very very thick but not like cottage cheese, more like vaseline but more opaque. There is no foul odor, no fishy smell, and I don’t feel itchy down there or feel burning when I urinate. Overall I feel pretty normal down there except for the discharge.
I used the Vagisil screening kit and it says I have a normal vaginal pH.
1. Do you think it’s yeast infection? I don’t have health insurance so I can’t go to an ob/gyn. Should I just go ahead and try to clear it up with Monistat?
2. I read somewhere on the net that when a woman is pregnant, she gets some thick white discharge too, is that true? I had unprotected sex with my husband about 2 weeks ago (using the pull-out method), my period is supposed to start in a few days from now, do you think the thick discharge that I’m having is caused by pregnancy?
I was reading something that mentioned that and wanted to know if there is any truth to it.
so for about…3 months now? i have been dealing with some kind of infection. Either yeast or bacterial and i honestly can’t tell.
I only have itching when I am on my period and it is usually unbearable. i’m not sure if that could be a result from my pads. But anyway, after my period I am perfectly fine. No itch, but I will have tenderness and usually very watery and clumpy white to sometimes yellow discharge! (not really like cottage cheese) and it has a small odor that i can only smell if i put my nose to it. I also have burning during sexual intercourse.
I really can’t tell what it is. but I bought Monistat 7 anyway and I am on day 4 and noticed a slight tint of yellow/white in my discharge (along with the gross white residue from the monistat)
If i was wrong, will Monistat make whatever I have worse?
Or just the regular Yoplait?
Another thing is, I don’t want anything to negate my bith control pills.
first off, im a 20 years old and a virgin.
i was put on antibiotics for a cold, and have been taking them for about a week and a half/2 weeks, who knows.
a day or 2 ago i noticed i was irritated “down there” and put diaper rash zinc oxide whatever on it, thinking if it was a rash it woudl clear up, but it didnt seem to do anything.
now today its itchy&irritated around the inner “lips” labia? idk the term.
i have no discharge or odor.
i went to the store to get monistat, bought it, but realizes the box says
“ask a doctor before use if you have itching/discomfort for the first time”
and “dont use if youve never been diagnosed for a yeast infection”
i dont have a gyno, because i was told i dont need one till im 21 (since im a virgin)..
and i really dont want my first gyno experience to be when im itching and irritated down there.
do u think this is a yeast infection? the start of? and what should i do?
or do I need to go to a gynecologist? I am having unusual large amounts of discharge that has a tint of yellow to it and I am kind worried cause I have had BV before and I also am having rectal bleeding so I wanted them to look at that too while I am there. I know this is disgusting and sorry if it was but I really need to know this. Thanks!